Best overview of the market
The automotive industry is undergoing the greatest transformation since its inception. In addition to digitization and electrification, entire value chains are changing, such as through the insourcing of software development or cell production. The market position of many companies is changing dramatically. While some are struggling to keep up with the changes, many are increasing sales despite the challenges, but not market capitalization. At the same time, companies are emerging whose enterprise value far exceeds what was previously the norm in the industry. Previously valid mechanisms of corporate success and market value seem to have shifted. This is why traditional sector indices are no longer sufficient to realistically reflect corporate performance. An index is needed that incorporates the entire automotive ecosystem and takes into account companies’ strategies in a forward-looking manner.
FROM AUTOMOTIVE TO AUTOMOBILITY
The industry is evolving from a traditional ecosystem to an expanded, multimodal ecosystem.
Experience our Automobility Index
The AUTO100 covers the 100 most relevant and promising listed companies worldwide and is composed of the following sectors of the automotive industry: Vehicle Manufacturers, Suppliers, Car Dealers, Mobility Service Providers and Infrastructure Providers.
The index only includes companies that generate the majority of their sales in the automotive industry. These are selected through rigorous, multi-stage selection criteria based on industry expertise and analysis of fundamental data. As a result, and due to its global coverage and consideration of the entire industry ecosystem, the index provides a comprehensive picture of the global automotive industry for the first time.
Performance compared to the global equity market
The figures shown relate to past performance. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of current or future performance. A pure performance consideration should never be the sole decision-making factor when designing an investment strategy. The performance of the two indices is shown in USD.
Yield (in EUR)
Top 10 shares
|1||CNE100000296||BYD CO LTD||China||3,2|
|2||CNE100003662||CONTEMPORARY AMPEREX TECHN-A||China||2,8|
|3||DE0005190003||BAYERISCHE MOTOREN WERKE AG||Europe||2,5|
|4||JP3633400001||TOYOTA MOTOR CORP||RoW||2,2|
|5||DE0007100000||MERCEDES-BENZ GROUP AG||Europe||2,2|
|7||US37045V1008||GENERAL MOTORS CO||NAFTA||2,1|
|9||US67103H1077||O REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC||NAFTA||2,0|
Allocation by region
Allocation by sector
- Name: Solactive Berylls LeanVal Automobility Leaders 100 Index
- ISIN: DE000SL0D0S2 (Net Return), DE000SL0D0T0 (Gross Return), DE000SL0D0R4 (Price Return)
- Bloomberg Ticker: AUTO100 <Index> (Net Return)
- More information website Solactive
Information on rebalancing January 2022
THE VALUE DRIVERS OF THE FUTURE
The AUTO100 is the first global index with the top 100 companies from the entire automotive value chain.
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS - AUTOMOTIVE EXPERTISE AND CAPITAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE.
The AUTO100 provides the basis for calibrating the status quo of the automotive industry – both at segment and industry level. In cooperation with the Berryls Group, which focuses exclusively on the automotive sector, we achieve a combination of automotive expertise and capital market perspective. On this basis, we are developing a platform around the AUTO100 that provides representative and tailored insights into the global capital markets for companies in the automotive industry.
For each sector along the value chain of suppliers, OEMs, dealers, mobility services and infrastructure providers, we select the best performing companies on a quarterly basis. Only if these meet the following selection criteria do they qualify for inclusion in the index:
- They must be listed on a regular stock exchange
- Only companies that generate the majority of their sales (>50%) in the automotive industry are taken into account
- The free float market capitalization must be min. amount to EUR 1.5 billion
- In addition to the “classic” manufacturers and suppliers, we also primarily evaluate new, innovative companies from the entire CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, Electric) spectrum.
- Services for the automotive industry in all current and future topics of the automotive ecosystem
- Support across the entire automotive value chain, from strategic design to operational performance improvement
- Building new business models
- Building new business models, developing and operating digital products end-to-end
- Independent financial services provider for institutional and semi-institutional investors
- Equity research, asset management and digital platforms
- Extensive expertise in the analysis, valuation and selection of stocks as well as in the design of equity strategies
- Index development
- Index Calculation and Administration
- Proxy Voting and ESG Research